Health and pediatric psychologists offer specialized services for individuals and families who are dealing with medical conditions, health concerns, or injury. These psychologists provide treatment within a biopsychosocial framework, and are familiar with a broad range of health/medical conditions and their treatments, as well as common co-occurring stress, anxiety, mood and behavioral disorders.
At Waypoint, our health and pediatric psychologists are proud to treat people of all ages, from toddlers to older adults. We offer individual and family therapy, in addition to parent/caregiver training and support to those across our community. Our priority is to provide comprehensive, high quality, evidence-based treatment. We value integrated behavioral care, and will work in coordination with you, family members, school, and other medical providers to promote positive health-related coping, adjustment, and self-care across settings. Together we will find ways to help you cope with your health conditions and medical care — together we will find ways to make living with your health conditions easier.
Services May Address:
- Health-related coping and adjustment
- Health-related behaviors and routines (e.g., disease self-management, pill swallowing, regimen adherence, etc.)
- Management of pain or persistent physical symptoms (e.g., EDS, POTS, migraines, etc.)
- School/work reintegration following medical treatment
- Fear of needles and medical exams/procedures
- Stress management and self-care
- Sleep problems
- Feeding/eating problems
- Toileting problems
- Management of co-occurring anxiety, depression, and behavioral concerns